Nowadays, personal image is very important. More and more people start working out because they want a healthier mind and body. Also, they are aware of the benefits brought by bodybuilding and would like to show their six-packs as much as possible.
If you want to make a change in your life, start by exercising. Of course, everything seems hard at the beginning, but if you follow some simple steps you will get used to it fast. After a while, bodybuilding becomes a lifestyle and you won’t be able to give up on it.
First and foremost, keep in mind that good, durable results don’t show up after the first day. Perseverance, discipline and hard work will get you that knock-out body you are dreaming of. Don’t worry, there’s also good news in 2020- during the first 6-12 months you will probably make the most dramatic gains.
It is important to learn some basic beginner’s tricks and safety rules, so that you don’t injure yourself when you’re pushing heavy weights around. Also, you should remain motivated and follow all your trainer’s indications.
Useful Tips & Tricks for starting your bodybuilding adventure in the best conditions
- It’s not easy to come into a new environment. Every new place has its own concepts and unwritten rules and a public gym is no exception. At first, you don’t know anything about it, but don’t worry, you’ll learn soon after you go there for the first time.
- The most important thing about your gym is that you need to feel comfortable in it. Before you make a decision, go to several gyms and think about the environment, machines, the overall aspect, cleanliness and driving distance. The ideal gym should be close to your house; otherwise, you will find an excuse not to go.
- Suitable gear will help you enjoy your training. In the beginning, you will need a clean, loose T-shirt, knee-length shorts and indoor-only sneakers. You should also have a bottle of water and a small sweat towel. If you want to take a shower at the gym after the workout, don’t forget to bring a full-size towel and personal hygiene items.
- At first, it’s better to hire a personal trainer. He or she will help you find out what the best exercises for you are and will monitor your progress. There are gyms that offer free sessions with a trainer and it’s better to look for those.
- Learn all about the gym’s common sense and hygiene rules. Wipe the machines after you’ve finished working out with them and keep the place tidy and clean. Also, you should leave your cell phone in the locker and dedicate all your time at the gym to working out.
- Make sure that you get plenty of sleep. Rest is very important after an intense physical effort. Also, your brain needs sleep and your body needs energy for the next workouts, so you’d better get to bed early.
- If you think that the gym is too crowded, think about a different workout schedule. Usually, people come in the afternoon, but if you want more privacy, you can come in the morning or during the weekend.
- The intensity, duration and the type of training should be discussed with your trainer. You wouldn’t want to get one of those nasty muscular damages. Also, before starting to exercise, you should warm up by doing some stretching or other activities recommended by the specialist.
- When you are starting to build a strong, beautiful body, your diet is important also. Try to eat products that give you energy and that can increase your muscle mass. You should eat as many proteins as possible, but you shouldn’t forget about fresh fruit, vegetables and carbohydrates. Good hydration is necessary when you are exercising, so drink a lot of water and avoid alcohol.
- Protein shakes can help you if you want to increase your muscular tissue fast; they give you energy and physical strength. Vitamins will keep you healthy and ready for working out.
- Even if you don’t get the expected results from the beginning, don’t give up! It As long as you remain motivated, nothing can stop you! You could try some meditation and yoga that will help you relax.
- After exercising, make an appointment to a massage session. Your whole body and mind will be grateful.